March 18 2021
SSQ Mutual - Notice to Attend the 2021 Annual Meeting
Delegates and board members are invited to attend the SSQ Mutual Annual Meeting (in virtual mode), and any adjournment thereof, which will be held at 3 p.m. (EDT) on Friday, April 30, 2021.
The purpose of the meeting is to:
- Receive the Board of Directors’ report
- Receive the financial statements and independent auditor’s report for the years 2019 and 2020
- Appoint an independent auditor for the years 2020 and 2021
- Ratify Bylaw No. VIII approving amendments to the bylaws
- Elect the directors
- Discuss all other matters submitted during the meeting
Members wishing to take part in the Annual Meeting must send their contact information and policy number to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than April 20, 2021. They will receive information on how to join the virtual meeting a few days before the event.
In accordance with the bylaws, members who wish to submit their name for election must send a written notice of their intent and the position for which they wish to run (with a short cover letter) to email@example.com by April 20, 2021, at the latest.
Below are the positions up for election and the sitting directors have all indicated their intention to run for re-election:
Position No. 1: Michel Nadeau*
Position No. 2: Denyse Paradis*
Position No. 3: Émile Vallée*
Position No. 4: Andrée Poirier**
Position No. 5: René Hamel**
Position No. 6: Eddy Jomphe**
Position No. 7: Normand Brouillet**
* Since the Annual Meeting was not held in 2020, the mandates are for a two-year term.
** Three-year term.
Me Pierre Marc Bellavance