SSQ Insurance offers multiple discounts to help reduce your car insurance premium.
Save $60 when you request an auto insurance quote online†
Get up to 20% off by bundling your auto and home insurance **
Opt for a two-year auto insurance policy and get a premium freeze even if you make a claim.
Green savings for hybrid and electric vehicles
$25 multiproduct discount on your auto insurance if you are a customer of SSQ Insurance or a shareholder of the Fonds de solidarité FTQ‡
Our Kilo Program
The right way to insure cars
Only pay for what you drive.
- Your premium is adjusted based on how many kilometres you drive.
- No electronic tracking system on your vehicle or your phone.
- No minimum ou maximum mileage.
Drive worry-free with 24-hour roadside assistance
NEWYour auto insurance card Always with you
- Available without Internet connection
- Policy changes updated automatically
- Includes all vehicles and insureds on one card
- Easily transferred to the vehicule’s other insured drivers
- Can be printed out
Learn More About Our Auto Insurance
Liability Insurance covers damage to a third party’s property
It covers you when you cause damage to a third party’s property during an accident that occurs in Quebec (bodily injury is generally covered by SAAQ, under its no-fault plan).
Liability insurance covers you also if you cause bodily injury to a third party and damage to his/her property during an accident that occurs outside Quebec.
The collision and upset coverage (Section B - Protection 2) covers your property
The collision and upset coverage is not mandatory but it is usually part of the insurance contract. This coverage protects you when:
- Your vehicle is damaged during an accident caused by you that involves a third party;
- You cause an accident that does not involve any other vehicles (e.g., loss of control);
- You are the victim of a hit-and-run.
The All perils other than collision or upset coverage (Section B – Protection 3) covers your property in case of damage by fire, theft, vandalism, or sustains one or more broken windows
As its name says, your vehicle is covered if it's damaged by fire, theft, vandalism, or window breakage but not in the event of a collision or upset.
Increase your basic insurance with additional coverage tailored to your needs
You or your spouse are the victims of an automobile accident whether you are the driver, a passenger, or a pedestrian
- A death benefits of $25,000
- A dismemberment benefits of up to $25,000
- Reimbursement of medical expenses of up to $2,000
- Your vehicle becomes inoperable following a covered loss
- Replacement vehicle or other means of transportation up to $75 per day, and up to $2,250 per occurrence
- Loss or damage during a trip
- Reimbursement if you incur additional travel costs
Your vehicle is damaged on a public road by an unidentified person (hit-and-run) and you promptly reported the incident to the police
- No deductible to pay
Your vehicle is declared a total loss following an accident
- No deductible to pay
- You borrow a vehicle
- You rent a vehicle short term
- You use an employer-provided vehicle
- Liability coverage of up to $50,000 per occurrence to cover damage to vehicles in your care
(Q.E.F. No. 43 (A to F) – Change to indemnity (Section B))
In the event of partial loss (Option 43A) and when your vehicle is stolen or declared a total loss (Option 43E)
- In the event of a total loss, the replacement of your vehicle by a new vehicle having the same features, equipment and accessories. If such vehicle is no longer available, you may opt for a vehicle with similar features.
- In the absence of replacement, the coverage will correspond to the lesser of the following: the purchase price or the current price of the vehicle at the time of purchase.
- In addition, in the event of a partial loss, parts that cannot be repaired will be replaced by new parts.
*Certain conditions, restrictions, and limitations may apply. **Certain conditions, limitations and exclusions may apply. Average savings applicable when you bundle your new auto and home (owner-occupied) insurance policies. The discount used above is for information purposes only and is subject to change without notice. †Certain conditions, restrictions, and exclusions apply. Savings applicable on new auto and home policies (owner-occupier). ‡Certain conditions, restrictions, and exclusions apply. Savings applicable on new auto and home.