Retail Business Insurance
Here are a few examples of the kinds of businesses we insure:*
- Food: Butcher’s shop, bakery, deli, cheese shop, pastry shop, etc.
- Retail: Gifts, shoes, decoration, books, glasses, tableware, clothing, etc.
- Local services: Tailor, shoe repair shop, convenience store, etc.
- And many more!
What does retail business insurance include?
- The building you own or the improvements made to your unit
- The entire contents of the shop, materials, equipment, and merchandise, including protection against inflation and peak season increases
- Customer accounts
- Valuable documents and archives
- Equipment: Mechanical, electrical, and electronic equipment is covered against breakdown (e.g., telephone system, compressor, computer failure, etc.)
- And much more!
- Loss of revenue as a result of a covered claim:
- Loss of gross profits
- Loss of rental income
- Loss of revenue as a result of a fraudulent act:
- Embezzlement (e.g., theft of your rental income or embezzlement)
- Counterfeiting (e.g., accepting counterfeit banknotes in good faith)
Your civil liability
- Multi-peril insurance covers civil liability, which means you are not financially responsible for bodily injury or material harm that is involuntarily caused to a third party. As part of this coverage, SSQ Insurance covers the legal fees you may incur in a civil liability case.
Learn more about
- Business insurance
- Condomnium insurance
- Building insurance
- Service business insurance
- Hole-In-One insurance
For advice or a business insurance quote
1-866-537-3237, Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
* Certain conditions, restrictions, and limitations may apply.