Everyone is looking for the cheapest car insurance, right?
SSQ Insurance offers multiple discounts to help reduce your car insurance premium.
Save $60 when you request an auto insurance quote online†
Combine your auto and home insurance and save up to $500**
Opt for a two-year auto insurance policy and get a premium freeze even if you make a claim.
Green savings for hybrid and electric vehicles
Our Kilo Program
The right way to insure cars
Only pay for what you drive.
- Your premium is adjusted based on how many kilometres you drive.
- No electronic tracking system on your vehicle or your phone.
- No minimum ou maximum mileage.
We are always there for you
Optional Roadside assistance for the policyholder and family members living at the same address.
- Everywhere in Canada and the continental United States
- 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
- A maximum of 4 events per insurance year
- Towing services, jump-start service, flat tire replacement, emergency gas delivery, winching services, lockout/lost key service, claims 24/7
Renting your car with Turo?
SSQ Insurance recently reached an agreement with Turo
Claims stemming from renting your vehicle via Turo will have no impact on your insurance premium. Claims are covered by Turo’s commercial insurance, not your personal insurance.
Learn More About Our Auto Insurance
Liability Insurance covers damage to a third party’s property
It covers you when you cause damage to a third party’s property during an accident that occurs in Quebec (bodily injury is generally covered by SAAQ, under its no-fault plan).
Liability insurance covers you also if you cause bodily injury to a third party and damage to his/her property during an accident that occurs outside Quebec.
The collision and upset coverage (Section B - Protection 2) covers your property
The collision and upset coverage is not mandatory but it is usually part of the insurance contract. This coverage protects you when:
- Your vehicle is damaged during an accident caused by you that involves a third party;
- You cause an accident that does not involve any other vehicles (e.g., loss of control);
- You are the victim of a hit-and-run.
The All perils other than collision or upset coverage (Section B – Protection 3) covers your property in case of damage by fire, theft, vandalism, or sustains one or more broken windows
As its name says, your vehicle is covered if it's damaged by fire, theft, vandalism, or window breakage but not in the event of a collision or upset.
Increase your basic insurance with additional coverage tailored to your needs
You or your spouse are the victim of an automobile accident whether you are the driver, a passenger, or a pedestrian
- A death benefits of $25,000
- A dismemberment benefits of up to $25,000
- Reimbursement of medical expenses of up to $2,000
- Your vehicle becomes inoperable following a covered loss
- Replacement vehicle or other means of transportation up to $75 per day, and up to $2,250 per occurrence
- Loss or damage during a trip
- Reimbursement if you incur additional travel costs
Your vehicle is damaged on a public road by an unidentified person (hit-and-run) and you promptly reported the incident to the police
- No deductible to pay
Your vehicle is declared a total loss following an accident
- No deductible to pay
- You borrow a vehicle
- You rent a vehicle short term
- You use an employer-provided vehicle
- Liability coverage of up to $50,000 per occurrence to cover damage to vehicles in your care
(Q.E.F. No. 43 (A to F) – Change to indemnity (Section B))
In the event of partial loss (Option 43A) and when your vehicle is stolen or declared a total loss (Option 43E)
- In the event of a total loss, the replacement of your vehicle by a new vehicle having the same features, equipment and accessories. If such vehicle is no longer available, you may opt for a vehicle with similar features.
- In the absence of replacement, the coverage will correspond to the lesser of the following: the purchase price or the current price of the vehicle at the time of purchase.
- In addition, in the event of a partial loss, parts that cannot be repaired will be replaced by new parts.
*Certain conditions, restrictions, and limitations may apply. **Certain conditions, limitations, or exclusions may apply. Average savings are applicable to new auto and home insurance policies only (owner-occupied). Amount provided for information purposes only and subject to change without notice. † Certain conditions, restrictions, and exclusions apply. Savings applicable on new auto and home policies (owner-occupier). ‡ Certain conditions, restrictions, and exclusions apply. Savings applicable on new auto and home.